2.11.2011

Put a ring on it: Just Jewels crowns Best Proposal


Soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Carlos happily flaunt their prizes.

Every blissful relationship comes down to one magical question: Will you marry me? And for 26-year-old Miguel Carlos, popping the question of a lifetime was a winning moment that earned him and his fiancée extravagant prizes from Just Jewel’s Will You Marry Me? contest. Already a major winner after his lovely fiancée Emily Cu said “yes”, Carlos took home P10,000 cash, designer wedding rings, three days and two nights stay at Le Soleil de Boracay with airfare, and P5,000 worth of gift certificates from Just Jewels.

“For our second anniversary, we went to Calauit Island in Palawan for a safari trip because Emily loves zebras. And I thought it was the perfect time for me to pop the question,” he shared. “Even before the trip, I was already coordinating with the tour guide to help me with my plans. I asked for help with the printing of my special banner, since I could not have it done here in Manila and then bring it with us on the flight. It would ruin the surprise.” So when the right moment unfolded, he was able to get down on one knee and propose to the love of his life. “I was really happy,” Cu recalled. “I knew that it was going to be fun because we would be together. It was really the best proposal for me. I could not think of how he could have done it any other way.”

Proud of the shining milestone in their relationship, Carlos joined Just Jewels’ search for the best proposal story and bagged the top prizes. “We really wanted two-toned wedding rings, so we were pleasantly surprised with the elegant three-toned bands that Just Jewels gave us,” Cu said of the wedding rings they won designed by former Just Jewels endorser Dawn Zulueta. Perfect for their 2011 Tagaytay wedding in February, the month of love.

“Be adventurous,” Cu said. “Do not stick to the traditional way of proposing to your loved one—you have to think of new ways to surprise the woman of your dreams.” “I think it also helps if you go for a proposal that connects to something your loved one is passionate about,” Carlos added. “My inspiration was Emily’s love for zebras and zebra prints, and I believe that it also shows just how well I know her.” Visit Just Jewels stores today and find inspiration for that ultimate wedding proposal. Just Jewel stores are located in SM Megamall, SM Mall of Asia, SM City Manila, SM Southmall, SM City Cebu, SM Baguio City, Glorietta 4, Ayala Center Cebu, and Festival Supermall.