Yahoo! has your invitation to the Royal Wedding
Yahoo!’s royal wedding site features a live stream of the event, a visitor guestbook, and marital advice from celebrities
SINGAPORE, April 5, 2011 -- With the wedding of Britain's Prince William and Kate Middleton less than a month away, people’s interest in the big event is growing exponentially – searches worldwide on Yahoo! for the royal wedding have increased 8 million percent since the announcement of the royal engagement and 1,523 percent just in the last month. To satisfy the millions of Web users all over the world who are hungry for royal wedding details, Yahoo! has launched its royal wedding website, http:// royalwedding.yahoo.com and http://uk.royalwedding.yahoo.com in the United Kingdom.
As the premier digital media company, Yahoo! brings together the best of the Web to celebrate the royal couple. The site features articles, photo galleries, videos, and more. A digital guestbook has been created in Prince William and Kate’s honor so well-wishers worldwide can offer their advice to the couple. Several celebrities have already added their advice and wishes to the Royal Wedding Yahoo! Guestbook, and more will contribute in the future.
Yahoo!’s royal wedding website will be an extension of Shine From Yahoo! (http://shine.yahoo.com), the leading website for women’s lifestyle content, and demonstrates Yahoo!’s position as the premier Web destination for landmark global events. Features of the Yahoo! Royal Wedding website include:
• Guestbook: The Royal Wedding Yahoo! Guestbook gives people a place to offer their marital advice and best wishes to Prince William and Kate Middleton, then share those wishes with users’ social networks. See the celebrities who have left messages for the couple: http://royalguestbook.yahoo.com/videos
• Photo galleries: View photos of the couple’s courtship, Kate Middleton as a child, and much more.
• Articles and blogs: The latest news on the royal wedding, plus articles on the wedding trends, fashion, the royal wedding's participants and guests, and more.
• Wedding live stream: Watch the royal wedding live by visiting http:// royalwedding.yahoo.com on April 29.
• Video: Yahoo! will feature video from Associated Press, Reuters, and ABC News, along with original video content including a joint ABC News/Yahoo! News Web show called “Wedding Royale.” ABC News will also provide weekly flashback videos of the
royal family. During the week of the wedding, Yahoo! will have a crew on the ground in London producing stories on topics people are most interested in.
• Mobile site: Yahoo! allows you to get your royal wedding fix anytime, anywhere, by visiting http://m.royalwedding.yahoo.com from your mobile phone.
• A chance to enter the “Live It Up Like Royalty” sweepstakes: By signing the Royal Wedding Yahoo! Guestbook or by “liking” Shine from Yahoo! on Facebook, users will automatically be entered to win a trip to Las Vegas to be treated like a king or queen. Contest rules: http://royalguestbook.yahoo.com/sweepstakes
• Localized Yahoo! Royal Wedding sites available in nine countries outside of the United States: Canada (http://ca.royalwedding.yahoo.com), Brazil (http://br.royalwedding.yahoo.com), Argentina (http://ar.royalwedding.yahoo.com),
Mexico (http://mx.royalwedding.yahoo.com), United Kingdom (http://uk.royalwedding.yahoo.com), France (http://fr.royalwedding.yahoo.com) and several other countries in Europe. The Spanish language site is available at: http://espanol.royalwedding.yahoo.com.
Additionally, Flickr by Yahoo!, one of the world’s best places to post and share photos, features The Official British Monarchy Flickr stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishmonarchy/tags/rw2011/
For media covering the royal wedding, Yahoo! can be a great resource. Yahoo! will have the following experts and information available to media:
• Jennifer Romolini, editor in chief of Shine From Yahoo! and royal wedding trends expert, available for interviews in New York City or via phone and Skype.
• Jennie Bond, a British journalist who has worked for 14 years as the BBC's royal correspondent, travelled extensively with the royal family, and has reported on many events related to the British royal family. Jennie will be available to U.S. and UK media via telephone and Skype.
• Global and local data, trends, and marital advice from the Royal Wedding Yahoo! Guestbook, including celebrities’ advice and best wishes.
• Global and local search data trends from Yahoo! that determine the topics and wedding details that have people most riveted.
• Data on the top-viewed royal wedding images, articles, and more.
Visit Yahoo!’s Royal Wedding website: http://royalwedding.yahoo.com
Visit Shine From Yahoo!: http://shine.yahoo.com
Follow Yahoo!’s royal wedding coverage on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yahooshine
Follow Yahoo!’s royal wedding coverage on Twitter: http://twitter.com/yahooshine